The High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney is a challenging 75 mile trek whose scenery ranges from the giant forest of Sequoia National park, gorgeous mountain lakes, the Kern River Valley and of course the rocky jagged terrain of Mt Whitney.
Above is the High Sierra Trail to Mt Whitney route, with my planned camp sites each night. My Itinerary looked like this:
- Day 1: Crescent Meadow to Bearpaw Meadow (11.4 Miles)
- Day 2: Bearpaw Meadow to Arroyo Junction (11 Miles)
- Day 3: Arroyo Junction to Moraine Lake (8 Miles)
- Day 4: Moraine Lake to Junction Meadow (13.7 Miles)
- Day 5: Junction Meadow to Guitar Lake (12.4 Miles)
- Day 6: Guitar Lake to Mt Whitney Summit to Whitney Portal (15.6)
I did not end up sticking to the above schedule, due to some wintery conditions on day two, we did not make it all the way to get to Arroyo Junction and ended up sleeping in Kaweah Gap, which was sketchy but beautiful. Day 3 we were able to make push hard and make up the lost time to get back on schedule.
Below are the details pertaining to my amazing trip: